• 最新链接
    暂未添加该信息。

订阅本站的 RSS 2.0 新闻组

winnie主页 >> 文章 >> 体育 >> 浏览信息《. Ronny Cedeno was intentionally》

体育 | 评论(1) | 阅读(872)
    查看详细访友列表 访友脚印

星期三   晴天 
    主题 . Ronny Cedeno was intentionally

Tweet At just 6-foot-1 and 174 pounds, Mark Pysyk doesnt have the broad shoulders of some of the bigger players in the 2010 Entry Draft class. Authentic Patrick Chung Jersey . However, he was forced to carry most of the load at both ends of the ice this season for the WHLs Edmonton Oil Kings, and while his numbers might not show it -- 7 goals, 24 points and a minus-19 rating in 48 games -- they dont tell nearly the whole story. He played more than 20 minutes a night, and finished eighth on the team in scoring despite his season ending Feb. 10 due to a broken foot. "Were really proud of the way Mark has developed both as a hockey player and as an outstanding member of the community," Edmonton GM Bob Green said. "He carried our team on his back a lot of nights this winter, and the fact that he played on a broken foot for a couple of games before he was forced to end his season early shows how much character hes developed." Five Questions (Click image to enlarge) Playing for the Oil Kings the last three seasons certainly has taught Pysyk how to deal with adversity. The franchises first bantam pick for its inaugural 2007 season, the Oil Kings have missed the playoffs twice in Pysyks three seasons, and in 2009-10 had the second-fewest points in the league. "We went on an 11-game losing streak this year," Pysyk said. "Its tough to get over those and we cant really win in the shootout right now. But its coming, and I think just pushing through that, sticking together as a team, I think that helps me out as well." Despite the teams poor play, Pysyk stood out for his vast array of talent. "No one is as explosive from the back end as he is," Peter Sullivan, who scouts Western Canada for NHL Central Scouting, told NHL.com. "He moves the puck as well as anybody. But his points dont indicate how valuable he is to a team and I think maybe it could be a cliché, but if he played on a better team, youd even see him higher up in the votes." Sullivan wasnt the only scout who felt that way. As Edmonton sunk in the standings, Pysyk rose in Central Scoutings rankings, moving up from No. 9 in Januarys midterm rating of North American skaters for the 2010 Entry Draft to No. 7 in the final release in April. Hes the second-highest rated WHL skater for the June 25-26 selection process, behind No. 3 Brett Connolly. Pysyk, however, isnt letting draft rankings worry him. "You try not to pay attention, but you know its there," Pysyk told NHL.com. "I think its a good accomplishment for myself. So many kids playing hockey that youve played with and stuff. Everybodys been working hard. Youre closer now to the NHL. Its cool seeing that stuff." 2010 NHL ENTRY DRAFT A long journey for a short ride By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Staff Writer Beau Bennett grew up not far from the site of the 2010 Entry Draft, but he had to make a side trip to Penticton, B.C, to help NHL scouts find him. READ MORE ›   RELATED CONTENT:   Hamilton persevered through three major injuries Long-time Holl-Gardiner pairing will split up   NHL in the bloodlines of Ottawas Dalton Smith  Confidence the biggest issue for Niagaras Visentin Christian Thomas hoping to follow in dads shoes ALL 2010 ENTRY DRAFT STORIES › Pysyk recognizes there are things he needs to get better at before hes ready to move to the next level. "I need to work on my shot and getting bigger, stronger, playing with a little bit more of an edge," he said. "And also foot speed. Everybody can always work on that. You never really can be satisfied with any part of your game." Thats been a hallmark of Pysyk, going back to his first days on skates on the outdoor rinks growing up in Edmonton. "My sister (Nicole) is a better skater than me, so that might be why I kept going, to get better, because I couldnt live with her being better," Pysyk said. Thats also where he got used to playing long stretches in games. You wanted to keep moving playing outside, because it really was the only way to stay warm. "The tournaments were outdoors, and wed take shifts two minutes long, three lines, and then youd go inside the community hall to warm up your feet because it was probably minus-35 out," Pysyk said. He wont have to worry about too many outdoor games in the deep freeze in his future -- most NHL games are indoors now. However, playing in the NHL requires more than just a high skill level and the ability to put up with some cold weather -- its dealing with the day-to-day pressure and expectation that comes with playing hockey at its highest level. Being in the glare of that kind of spotlight is something Pysyk admits hes still getting used to. "I dont really enjoy it," he said. "Id rather be out playing on the pond, just messing around. It (the pressure) is going to be there. If you want to play in the NHL its going to be there, so you have to deal with it. If I can block that out and just pretend nobodys watching, not try to impress anybody but yourself, and just work hard that way." Hell be getting more time in the spotlight in the near future as he was one of 41 skaters invited to Hockey Canadas junior evaluation camp, which will help set the roster for the 2011 World Junior Championship team. He wont have to be the man again, but if hes needed, he certainly has experience filling that role. Contact Adam Kimelman at akimelman@nhl.com Authentic LaMarr Woodley Jersey . Economists fear that the rationing will plunge Venezuela still further into recession, after posting its third consecutive quarter of negative growth last month. The economy contracted 2.9 percent in 2009 even as most other countries in the region began to recover from the global downturn. Deion Branch Jersey . McCarty carried the ball 10 times for 84 yards and also caught five passes for 34 yards for the Eskimos (3-9), who snapped a three-game losing streak. James Harrison Jersey . Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, Indianapolis Colts linebacker Cody Glenn and Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Shawne Merriman were other NFL players embarking on the 3,000-mile trip across the continent alongside personalities from TV, music and entertainment. J.J. Watt Jersey . The MiG-23 BN aircraft were bought from the former Soviet Union to counter Pakistans F-16 jets 30 years ago. It will have its last sortie from the Halwara airbase in Punjab, western India, on Friday, said the report. Tom Brady Womens Jersey . Harris went from goat to hero after his foul put Andre Iguodala on the free throw line with 1.8 seconds left of a 95-95 game. Iguodala missed the first but made the second free throw to give the Sixers the lead.Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Bronson Arroyo won his fourth straight start behind 7 2/3 shutout innings and Orlando Cabrera drove in two runs, as Cincinnati took care of the Pirates, 4-0, in the third of four games from Great American Ball Park. Arroyo (5-2) moved to 5-0 in his last six outings while scattering five hits and walking two with three strikeouts. Miguel Cairo hit his first home run as a Red in the win, Cincys fourth in six games. Chris Heisey added a pinch- hit homer. "In the first inning I felt strong but my command was all over the place. To get that double play (in the first inning) really turned the game around," Arroyo said of settling down. Ross Ohlendorf (0-3) was charged with three runs on eight hits in six innings for the Pirates, who have lost five of seven overall. "We need to get more hits. We got to hit, we got to hit with runners in scoring position," said Pittsburgh manager John Russell. The Reds started the scoring in the second inning, loading the bases with one out for Cabrera, who hit a sacrifice fly. Cairo then punched a single into right field, but Garrett Jones came up firing and nailed Ryan Hanigan at the plate. Cairo popped a solo shot out to left in the fifth for a 2-0 edge and Cabrera came through with a two-out RBI single an inning later to extend the lead. Arroyo, meanwhile, had to work out of trouble in the later innings. Jeff Clement doubled with two outs in the fifth to leave runners at second and third. Ronny Cedeno was intentionally walked to load the bases to get tto the pitchers spot, and Ohlendorf popped weakly back to Arroyo to end the threat. Michael Oher Jersey. In the Pirate sixth, Jones hit into an inning-ending double play with two aboard. Cedeno led off the eighth with a base hit, and Arroyo retired the next two before giving way to Nick Masset. Neil Walker greeted the reliever with a base hit to bring the tying run to the plate, and Masset bounced a pitch in the dirt to move the runners into scoring position. Andrew McCutchen walked to load the bases and Masset was yanked for Daniel Ray Herrera, who fanned Jones to keep the three-run lead intact. Heisey took Pittsburgh reliever Brendan Donnelly out to left-center field to start the home portion for a 4-0 game. Francisco Cordero pitched a scoreless ninth in a non-save situation. Game Notes: Arroyo has won five of his last six starts against the Pirates...Ohlendorf previously lost to the Reds on May 10 this season at home. He walked five and struck out five during Wednesdays outing...Cabrera also stole his seventh base of the season. Brandon Phillips swiped two bags and has six on the year...The Pirates failed to notch a single extra-base hit. Walker went 2-for-4 in the loss...Cincinnati placed infielder Paul Janish on the bereavement list prior to the game to attend his grandmothers funeral near Houston. To take his spot on the roster, the team recalled INF/OF Drew Sutton from Triple-A Louisville...Pittsburgh committed three fielding errors...The Reds are a season-high seven games over .500...Cincys Joey Votto sat with a stiff neck. ' ' '
    winnie 发表于:2012/1/4 13:45:06

评论 

个人简历模板简历模板下载个人简历下载
    citynows 发表于:2016/12/8 21:38:32